Judith Wintgens-van Luijn
Judith runs a corporate law practice with an emphasis on transactions (acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships), and governance and compliance issues.
Judith Wintgens-van Luijn runs a corporate law practice with an emphasis on transactions (acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships), and governance and compliance issues. Judith is a member of the corporate law department and manages Boels Zanders’ healthcare team. She is also a member of the mergers & acquisitions team and the education sector group.
Judith has been involved in transactions such as:
- the formation of the suitable education partnerships in the Roermond area and the Western Mining Region in Limburg, the Netherlands;
- the statutory merger between horticulture cooperatives Kompan, Komosa, and SunQuality;
- the merger between mental healthcare institutions Virenze and Riagg Groep Maastricht;
- the sale of child welfare provider PGZ to Holland Venture;
- the formation of the knowledge and expertise centre Roermond and Weert with multiple educational institutes and a child welfare educational institute;
- the formation of Smart Services Campus for the Province of Limburg, pension provider APG, and the University of Maastricht;
- the joint venture between Dichterbij and Assist for WMO (Social Support Act) related activities;
- the acquisition of Maastricht UMC’s rehabilitation department by Adelante.
Judith is also routinely involved in healthcare concentration reports to the Dutch Healthcare Authority. Judith is a member of the Dutch Healthcare Law Association (VGR) and the Dutch Association of Attorneys and Legal Aid Providers in Education (VARO).
Judith was admitted to the bar in 2006 and joined Boels Zanders in 2008. Before that, she was a teacher and research assistant at the law faculty at Radboud University in Nijmegen. Judith has several publications to her name and still gives guest lectures on education and healthcare at Radboud University.